|Spiked Lemon Chicken Salad|
Summer is almost upon us and the weather here in Brisvegas has definitely started to heat up, so we're moving away from hot dinners to salads and BBQs. I'm a sucker for a warm chicken salad, so I love this dish.
The original recipe is from beautiful Annabel Langbein's new cookbook, Free Range in the City. She does the chicken as skewers on the BBQ and serves the dressing as a dipping sauce. I've adapted it into a quick and easy salad (though am consistently reminded by Sammie that people don't eat leaves, only koalas eat leaves!).
When Jack saw me blogging this recipe last night, he piped up with his favourite Chicken joke - A chicken was crossing the road and met a man half way. He asked the man his name. "Bond, James Bond." replied the man. "Ken, Chic Ken." replied the chicken. Don't you love 7 year old humour!!!
Spiked Lemon Chicken Salad
(Adapted from Free Range in the City by Annabel Langbein)
500g chicken breasts - largely diced
Juice of 1 lemon
20g olive oil
Foliage from 1 sprig of rosemary
Salt & Pepper
Baby spinach leaves
Sunflower sprouts (or any other kind)
Sliced salad vegetables - carrots, capsicum, snow peas, beans, cherry tomatoes etc.
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
Spiked Yoghurt Dressing:-
125g natural greek yoghurt
75g mayonnaise (made in your TMX, of course!)
2 limes - zest and juice
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp rapadura, brown or palm sugar
1 clove garlic
2cm ginger - peeled
1 tsp tumeric
1/4 cup coriander leaves
2cm red chilli - seeds removed
1. Place rosemary in TMX bowl and chop for 3 seconds on Speed 5. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper and mix for 3 seconds on Speed 4.
2. Pour over chicken. You can marinate for a while or grill immediately, depending on how much time you have.
3. Grill the chicken on the BBQ or in a pan, until lovely and golden brown.
1. Place lime zest in TMX bowl and chop for 5 seconds on Speed 8.
2. Add garlic, ginger and chilli and chop for further 5 seconds on Speed 8.
3. Add coriander, chop for 3 seconds on Speed 5.
4. Add yoghurt, mayonnaise, fish sauce, sugar, tumeric and lime juice. Mix for 5 seconds on Speed 4.
Place chicken in a large serving bowl with all the salad ingredients. Pour dressing over and mix through. Garnish with pine nuts.
To bulk the salad out a little more, you could add some steamed cous cous or a couple of chat potatoes which have been halved and boiled/roasted/steamed.
Post a Comment