I've been tweaking the salted caramel meringue cheesecake and the recipe isn't quite ready, but I feel the need to share this ice cream recipe straight away so that everyone can make it as soon as they possibly can! This is perhaps the smoothest, most delicious and ice cream I've ever come across. It comes to us from the ever trusty Thermomix Forum and I promise that you'll be very happy to have made it.
Salted Caramel Maple Ice Cream
300g raw sugar
50g 100% maple syrup
50g unsalted butter
2 generous tsp natural vanilla extract
2 tsp sea salt
100g full cream milk
150g dark chocolate chopped (optional - I didn't use it because I wanted a smooth finish)
1. Place sugar into TM bowl and pulverise for 15 seconds on speed 9.
2. Add maple syrup, butter and vanilla and cook for 15 minutes at Varoma temp on speed 1.
3. Add salt, cream, milk and whisk together for 30 seconds on speed 5.
4. Reduce to speed 4 and add eggs one at a time.
5. Cook a further 5 minutes on 100 degrees at speed 4.
Pour into cold metal tin (or plastic) and freeze.
After 3-4 hours when partially frozen, remix for 1 minute on speed 5 to give a creamier consistency.
Fold through chocolate chunks (if using) after remixing on Reverse + speed 1 for a few seconds.
Pour into cold tin and freeze for up to 12 hours.
Enjoy this one and stay tuned for the cheesecake recipe when it's finished...