The strawberries at the market yesterday looked absolutely gorgeous and I needed something super quick to make for dessert, so this strawberry tart fit the bill. It took no time at all to put together and was completely delicious. It's hardly a technical affair, but sometimes that's okay!
Super Quick Strawberry Tart
* 250g sweet biscuits (I used digestives, but Butternut Snaps would be fabulous)
* 125g melted butter
* 1/2 vanilla pod
* 100g sugar
* 30g cornflour
* 3 eggs
* 500g full cream milk
* Strawberry jam
* 1 tbs cointreau
* Put biscuits into TMX, crush on Speed 9 for 20 seconds until fine.
* Add melted butter, mix on Speed 5 for 10 seconds.
* Press into a greased bottomless tart pan (mine was 24cm) and refrigerate.
* Put vanilla pod, sugar & cornflour into TMX, grind on Speed 10 for 20 seconds.
* Add eggs and milk, cook for 7 minutes on 90º on Speed 4.
* Pour custard over tart base and refrigerate for an hour (or more).
* Slice strawberries and arrange over the top of the custard.
* Heat jam & cointreau and brush over the strawberries.
* Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
this was soooo good brooke!ReplyDelete
This looks divine!! Another recipe to try!ReplyDelete
The strawberries have been amazing this season, I have been buying a kilo per week. I just made strawberry ice-cream using the sorbet with milk recipe in the EDC... drool!
I'll take a slice of your tart Brooke, with a dollop of Fatheffalump's ice cream on top. Double yummo. DOK in fact.(Drooling On Keyboard)ReplyDelete