Add to that teariness, the fact that my gorgeous baby, Sam, started Prep and you can pretty much guess at just how many tissues I've been through in the last 3 days.
Everyone keeps suggesting to me that I just "keep busy" to take my mind off it (ahem, people - I was already busy, I don't need to be more busy!). I've decided to wallow in my self pity though, at least for a couple of days. It is the end of an enormous chapter in their lives, and mine. It deserves a bit of wallow I think.
I am, however, in danger of being squashed by the number of "to try" recipes I've printed out and have sitting on my desk. So while I wallow, I will try and make my way through some of them!
Lots of people have been talking about back to school recipes, so I'm going to focus on a couple of those for the next few weeks. This first one is a firm favourite with us all. It's very cake like, light and moist and freezes brilliantly.
(adapted from a very old delicious magazine recipe)
* 150g rapadura
* Zest of 1 orange
* 170g coconut oil (original recipe uses Sunflower oil)
* 3 eggs
* 2 large carrots
* 100g sultanas or raisins
* 1 tsp bi-carb soda
2. Add sugar and orange zest to TMX bowl. Mill for 10 seconds on speed 8.
3. Add coconut oil and eggs. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
4. Add carrot and sultanas. Mix on reverse for 5 seconds on speed 3.
5. Add SR flour, bi-carb, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix on reverse for 5 seconds on speed 5.
Pour mixture into pan and cook for 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out cleanly.
Slice into squares and enjoy!