Salt & caramel. Mint & chocolate. Lime & Tequilla. (I digress...) Some flavours just work really well together and one of my favourites is definitely lemon & poppyseed.
I'm not a big fan of grittiness in food (having passionfruit seeds in food is like listening to nails scrape down a blackboard for me). Poppyseeds are fine enough though that I'm not bothered by their texture.
These biscuits are quick, easy and tasty. What more could you want???
Lemon & Poppyseed Biscuits
* 150g unsalted butter
* 200g rapadura
* 1 egg
* 300g plain flour (I usually use organic light sift)
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 2 tsp (5g) poppy seeds
* Juice of 1 lemon
Ready to bake
1. Preheat oven to 160° (fan forced).
2. Place rapadura in TM bowl and mill for 4 seconds on speed 9.
3. Add butter and mix for 5-10 seconds on speed 4.
4. Add egg and mix for 3 seconds on speed 4.
5. Add flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and lemon juice. Mix for 20 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 5.
Spoon teaspoonfuls onto lined baking trays and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden.