My husband is a big apple fan, so we always end up with an apple version but given that it's cherry season I thought I might give a cherry version a go next week to compare.
Caramelised Apple Clafoutis
(Adapted from Australian Women's Weekly June 2004)
900g apples - peeled, cored and quartered
50g unsalted butter
110g rapadura sugar
75g rapadura sugar
50g plain flour
50g self raising flour
160g pure cream
80g unsalted butter
1tsp vanilla extra
1. Mill rapadura into caster sugar for 5 seconds on speed 10. Set aside.
2. Melt butter for 3 minutes at 60°, speed 1.
3. Add apples and sugar and cook for 5 minutes at 100°, on speed 1 - Reverse.
4. Place into a large baking dish.
1. Melt butter for 2 minutes at 60°, Speed 1.
2. Add eggs, milk,cream and vanilla and mix for 5 seconds on speed 4.
3. Add sugar and flours and mix for 5 seconds on speed 4.
4. Pour over apple mixture.
Bake in preheated oven at 180 for 40 minutes or until caramelised and butter fully cooked. To be completely indulgent, serve with Creme Anglaise.
Post a Comment